bg

Friday, October 12, 2012

Q is for Quinn

I haven't done a post dedicated to my sassy little 3 year old in quite some time. This is overdue. Up until about two months ago, whenever Quinn woke up with a bad dream, she would just scream at the top of her lungs until I came stumbling into her room and sang "Child of God." And then, all of a sudden, she stopped doing this and started quietly creeping into our room and just standing beside the bed until I woke up with the feeling that I was being watched. Creepy, right? OR is that just ME that has a fear of waking up with someone standing next to the bed holding something scary... i.e. a knife or gun or cheese grater (hey-- I have cut myself many-a-time on that bad boy!) ? Anywho, so two nights ago, this same situation occurred-- Quinn came in and quietly whispered "mom," and I woke up thinking death was near, and when I recovered my senses, I said, 
"Quinn, what's wrong?"
"Mom, my bedroom is so scary."
"Oh, it's not scary, babe."
"Yes it is, can I sleep in the tunnel?"
"Huh? Are you sure you're awake?"
"The tunnel, mom"
??
"The tunnel by you and daddy."
Lightbulb!
She wanted to sleep between me and Tyson! Apparently, the two of us form a protective "tunnel" when lying in bed. Who knew? And it must be magical, because she was asleep within a matter of seconds. It made me remember a time when I was around 3, crawling into the safety and security of my parent's bed and finding my own "tunnel" in the crook of my mom's legs. Laying on top of the cream colored silky blanket with orange yarn ties, I was completely safe.








1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love that girl!! She is so dang smart and sassy.

    ReplyDelete